Date(s) - Sun Aug 21, 2016
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
The Khabele School
Does your middle school child’s backpack sometimes look like a tornado made its way through it when you weren’t looking?
With a background tutoring students one-on-one, and supporting them in creating stronger organizational habits, Ashleigh will provide rising 6th-8th graders with a chance to gather, personalize, and organize their belongings before the first day of school, and to get warmed-up for the school year alongside their peers.
Students will leave with their supplies and backpack organized for the first day of school, and feel empowered to kick off the school year right.
Please note there will likely be supplemental items your student may need after the school year begins, but this workshop will create a strong organizational foundation.
Students should bring:
- A backpack
- Summer reading assignments if they will need them for the first day of school
- Any supply lists already provided by the school, as applicable
- Looseleaf paper
- Binders and 3-hole punchers
- Binder tabs
- Pencils, pens, and pencil bags
- Post-its, highlighters, and other fun and helpful office supplies
- 2 notebooks per student
- Stickers and other decorative supplies to personalize binders/notebooks (optional!)
- An organization and time-management tip sheet for parents and students
This workshop will be held at the Khabele School, but is open to students who will be attending any Austin middle school.
Cost of workshop includes all supplies and snacks: $85
Register no later than August 18th. A final head count is imperative so all supplies are covered!
Your child will set up a backpack that will hopefully avoid this fate:
Bookings are closed for this event.